The new update for Friday The 13th mostly brings a number of bug fixes and gameplay balancing. Most importantly, however, is the removal of friendly fire in most instances. Going forward, it will now be very hard to take out your teammates. These changes have been made to help cut down on griefing.
According to the development team, the team-killing mechanic was getting abused - the community reported 'rampant abuse' of the feature.
The only way players can kill their teammates after this latest update is if they run them over. This means any weapons that counselors pickup cannot be used on their teammates.
Interestingly, this new update also changes the layout of most of the maps in Friday The 13th. Maps have been made smaller to help improve the flow of gameplay and to keep things as action-packed and tense as possible.
The full changes for all of the maps can be seen below:
- Added Small Maps for the existing maps; Packanack Small, Higgins Haven Small, and Camp Crystal Lake Small.
- Increased the density of Kill locations on all maps.
- Adjusted collision on Maps to prevent people from standing on water.
- Adjusted collision on piers to prevent cars from driving on them.
- Added a Map Icon to Campfire Kills.
- Fixed a number of kill spots that were not functioning.
- Fixed an issue with not being able to fix boat propellers based on boat positioning on the dock.
- Placed collision under piers to prevent people from swimming under them.
- Fixed a number of areas that the player could get out of the map.
- Fixed a number of areas that Counselors could get to that Jason could not.
- Added better collision around Boat Exits to prevent Jason from getting to areas he shouldn't be in.