Since the shaky launch of Grand Theft Auto Online, Rockstar have been working hard almost 24/7 to fix all of the server issues, bugs and glitches resulting in loss of player progress, money, cars, and the gain of a generally unhappy player base.
Luckily though, Rockstar have done quite a good job to iron things out, and the newest patch fixes some of the last major current problems players are dealing with. Official patch notes have been listed below:
- +Fixes numerous issues that were causing vehicle loss and/or loss of vehicle mods
- +Fixes an issue where the incorrect car is replaced when choosing to replace a car in a full garage
- +Fixes an exploit allowing players to sell the same vehicle multiple times
- +Fixes an issue that caused personal vehicles to be duplicated
- +Fixes an issue where some players were unable to pay utility bills on an owned apartment or house
- +Fixes an issue where players were not getting Crew invites in-game
- +Fixes an issue where the starting point for the tutorial race was not appearing
- +Fixes issues with joining Jobs from within a player-owned garage
- +Fixes issues with players getting stuck while using playlists
- +Fixes additional issues causing black screens, long load times, and players getting stuck in the sky cam
- +Adds details in the UI to clarify that characters created while Rockstar cloud is unavailable are temporary (non-saved)
- +Adds changes to the character creator to make better-looking default characters with the "random" option
- +Players now only lose a maximum of 500 GTA$ upon death in Freemode
To make up for all of the problems, Rockstar have also offered to give all players that play the game this month a total of $500,000 in-game cash as a two-part compensation package. The package will come in two $250k installments to try and not hurt the economy too much, but over the coming weeks, every player should have an extra $500k in their banks through various patches and updates.
The 1.04 patch will not be adding the first $250k installment, however many believe it to patch in the ability for Rockstar to remotely add cash to player's accounts.