Limited Edition Halo 4
The Limited Edition for Halo 4 has been revealed for pre-order and is priced at $99.99. There will be no Legendary Edition for Halo 4 which in my opinion makes the purchase decision much simpler. Either we decide to get the standard retail game or the Limited Edition with the added bonuses.
Let's take a look at what has been confirmed to be included in the Limited Edition.
- War Games Map Packs - the competitive multiplayer modes in Halo 4 will be termed War Games. Owning the Limited Edition will give players access to all three map packs that will be released in the future, as soon as they are made available on Xbox Live. Each of these map packs contains 3 locations, so in total players will receive a total of 9 maps.
- Specializations - something called specialization has been incorporated in to the multiplayer and will be available on Xbox Live upon Halo 4's launch. Everyone will have access to select specializations, but Limited Edition owners will get the ability to unlock 6 of the specializations early on. These specializations can be used one at a time and will allow players to achieve higher ranks in their Spartan career. Aside from gaining access to new ranks, specializations will also unlock more customization options.
- UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet - the briefing packet will contain a schematic for Spartan armor customization, information about UNSC weapons, information about the ship UNSC infinity and other info that will give an insight in to what it means to be a Spartan-IV.
- Bonus Digital Content - Limited Edition will also provide access to exclusive in-game content via Xbox Live. In-game contents include - unique Spartan-IV armor skin, unique skin for Assault Rifle, exclusive emblem, and Spartan-IV armor and props for Xbox Live Avatar.
- Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn Special Edition - Players will also get access to the special edition of the 90-mintue live action web series that will provide a backstory to the events leading up to Halo 4. The special edition will come with bonus content depicting how the producers brought Halo 4 to life and also the making-of Halo 4.