Warner Bros. wants to make Injustice 2 esports a thing. Even though the game hasn't even hit release day yet, Warner Bros. has already announced their first esports tournament for the game.
The upcoming pro circuit for Injustice 2 has been named War of the Gods and it will have an initial prize pool of $15,000. To begin with, the event will be limited to those in North America, so this includes the United States and Canada.
The qualifiers will be open for everybody - the first event will open on May 20, 4 days after the game gets its release. Player pools will be created and players will take part each Saturday for the next 10 weeks. Players will have a chance to earn league points each week and eventually the points will be tallied up and the top players will take part in the Season Finale, which will take place on September 17. Here are the tournament rules:
- Best of Five Games
- Double Elimination
- Competitive Mode: Enabled
- Game Timer: 99 seconds
- Stage: Both players are to choose Random.
- Characters: Winner must select the same character & variation, Loser may switch.
- All characters and variations are allowed and may use hidden select.
Here's a look at the season finale prize pool:
- First Place - $4,000
- Second Place - $2,500
- Third Place - $1,500
- Fourth Place - $1,000
- Fifth Place - $500
- Sixth Place - $500
Finally, here's a look at the weekly prizes awarded for participation in the weekly events:
- 1st Place - $250 and 150 league points
- 2nd Place - $150 and 125 league points
- 3rd and 4th Place - $50 and 75 league points
- 5th through 8th Place - 50 league points
- 9th-16th Place - 25 league points
- 17th-32nd Place - 10 league points