Saints Row 4 Lands August 20th, More Gameplay Details have Been Announced
Saints Row 4 Releasing on August 20th
When the GTA 5 reveal trailer landed, we all had expected it, but just like previous Rockstar games we've had to wait a pretty long time and the game still hasn't hit the shelves. However, a similar game has popped up that no one expected so soon, and that's Saints Row 4.
It seems the devs behind the fourth Saints Row have decided to stick a launch right before GTA 5 in an attempt to grab a fair amount of Rockstar's fanbase, and after the release date reschedule for Grand Theft Auto 5, it'd make sense that impatient fans would want to get to play an open world game whilst waiting for the fifth installment of GTA, even if the releases were only a month apart.
There's no doubt that the Saints Row series is a good one though, so I'm glad Saints Row 4 has some time to shine before Grand Theft Auto 5 steps in.
So far, we don't really know much, about the game, however more details are getting released quite often, some of which sounds quite promising.
Information below has been taken from EB Games Canada in the game's description page:
- Patriots, Saviors, Saints - The presidency is not without its perks. Wield the most outrageous arsenal in Saints Row history. This is what the Second Amendment was meant for.
- What is the Simulation? - Bend the world to your will and harness an array of super powers including Mind-Bending Telekinesis, Really Really High Jump, Really Really Fast Sprint, Shiny Blue Force Shield, and Sparkly Purple Fireball Projectile-of-Doom.
- Vehicular Manslaughter - Command a fleet of American made tanks, jets and attack choppers or hijack mechs, jet bikes and interstellar ships from an alien armada - it's all science, with just a little fiction.
- Streaker of the House - Be the leader you were born to be with Initiation Station 2.0. Save the world as an overweight ninja cheerleader or as hulking brute in a three-piece suit with a penchant for pony tails.
- Friends with Benefits - Seamless drop-in, drop-out co-op, a Saints Row standard, improved. The only thing better than one malicious super-powered President is two.
- Other - Custom Weapons, Custom Mayhem
Are you looking forward to Saints Row 4? Be sure to check out our custom Xbox 360 controllers while you wait!