FromSoftware’s hit game Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice has been awarded the title of Game of the Year at The Game Awards 2019.
The hit game took home the crown over the likes of Control, Death Stranding, Resident Evil 2, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and The Outer Worlds. The game launched in March of this year and has sold more than 4 million copies during its release.
Commenting on the win FromSoftware’s PR team wrote: “Sekiro has won Game Of The Year at The Game Awards. Our heartfelt thanks go out to our players. We will endeavour to create games that provide fresh, meaningful experiences, and we sincerely hope you’ll look forward to what’s in store.”
Other big winners at The Game Awards are as follows:
- Action Game: Devil May Cry 5
- Action/Adventure Game: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- Art Direction: Control
- Audio Design: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
- Content Creator: Shroud
- eSports Event: League of Legends World Championship 2019
- eSports Game of the Year: League of Legends
- eSports Player- Bugha
- eSports Team: G2 Esports
- Family Game: Luigi’s Mansion 3
- Fighting Game: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Game Direction: Death Stranding
- Multiplayer Game: Apex Legends
- Ongoing Game: Fortnite
- Sports/Racing Game: Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled
- VR Game: Beat Saber
Without a doubt, this was a highly successful year for gaming, and we can’t wait to see what’s around the bend for 2020.