Warner Bros. Working to Fix Batman Arkham Origins Save Issues
After an increasing number of reports about save game bugs and issues, Warner Bros. has made an official statement giving information on a variety of Batman: Arkham Origins problems that they are aware of.
In the official statement, Warner Bros. has listed all of the bugs and issues, however they have not yet made a fix for "rare" corrupted save problems, and it's unlikely that those who have encountered this bug will be able to get their saved content back.
"We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you all for your patience as we work to resolve the issues," Warner Bros. said in its statement.
The list of bugs includes both small issues like occasional crashing and freezing and more serious game breaking problems like corrupted save files and bugs that stop players from being able to access and play the story mode.
Although Warner Bros. haven't released any information on how to avoid these bugs from happening, they have mentioned a few times in their statement that they are working hard on ironing out game breaking bugs and plan to send out fixes via patches that will be made a necessity to be able to play the game once they've been made available on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The full statement can be read below.
- 1) Infinite Falling/Falling Out Of World - All platformsSome players have been stuck in an endless loop of falling, making it impossible to complete certain missions and progress through the single-player campaign. We believe we have identified the issue and are currently testing the software update, which will push most players back to their previous save so that they will not be stuck in an infinite loop.
- 2) Unable To Continue Story - All PlatformsSome players can see their story progress in the main menu, but once they choose the story slot they don't see an option to "Continue" and only "New Game" shows up. This issue should be resolved and the "Continue" option will once again be available.
3) FreeFlow Focus mode not unlocking upon reaching "Shadow Vigilante" rank 3 will be fixed - All Platforms
Specific to the PC, an update that addresses the above issues, as well as the following, recently went live:
- Fix for progression blocker keeping some players from navigating through the vent in the Burnley tower.
We have not yet solved the following rare issues and are continuing to investigate.
- Corrupted Saves - Xbox 360 onlyPlayers have reported losing their saved game to data corruption. Specifically, when you try to choose a story slot to continue, it says "Corrupted" and if you select it, an error message appears which says, "The save is corrupt. Please delete it." We believe we know what is causing this and need a few more days to validate before pushing a patch through.
- 2) Ongoing Crashing/Freezing Issues - Xbox 360 onlyPlayers have reported recurring crashing and freezing while playing the game. We have been working hard to track down and resolve the problem as quickly as possible. We believe we know what is causing these issues and need a few more days to validate before pushing this patch through. In the meantime, some players have managed to avoid the freezing by disconnecting their console from the Internet while playing.